I had Monday off work so one of my best friends and I decided to hit the Maurizio Cattelan’s “ALL” exhibit at the Guggenheim’s. (How convenient, that’s my block!!!). Keep in mind, she’s a runner too.
If you’ve been to the Guggenheim (or seen the building), you know you go up the sides of the spirals.
As soon as we walk in, crazy convo #1.
– Would this count as cross training?
– Totally, it’s ALL uphill and because we’re walking so slow up for so long, we’re obviously burning the upcoming cupcake
People coming down are clogging the stairs. That inspired, crazy convo#2.
– You know what’s wrong with this gym?
– This what?
– This, this… museum!
– HA. ok, what?
She went onto explain where a separate exit was needed… for strides maybe? for warm up?
A bit later, inspired by the art… crazy convo #3.
– You know what’d be OSOM???
– If we could do hill work here! It’d be a bit slippery but it’d also be great to do downill practice to increase turnaround!! And it”s inside, which is fabulous on days like today! When there’s no people obviously!!
– There’s always people here!
– No, like, at night. They should have a runner’s night, twice a week. For hillwork.
I could keep listing these forever on an on…
Are we all like that? Do you also see ANYTHING and you can relate it to running?
I think sometimes I repress it a bit during the rest of the day (with the “normal” people) so I don’t look weird, so when my running friends and I get together we need to get it all out… Are we all OCD about your sport too?
Oh, and there was the exhibit too, Enjoy!