Just like we did before my last marathon and half marathon, it’s time to place your bets again… There is always someone who hits it right in the head! (always unbelievable! look the one I did three weeks ago! guesses here, winner here)
Rules: pick a finish time and write in the comments below. Whoever gets closer, wins, If there’s two identical times, the first poster wins! All guesses have to be in this post. Make sure if you include seconds in there too (like so: 3:11:22, ha), and post before next Saturday at 9 pm EST.
As usual, there’s gonna be PRIZES… you can pick from:
- a biomechanics session (in NYC)
- a clip-on running metronome
- a brooks flat vapur water bottle
- a NYC Marathon rain (knee-length, orange and white) poncho
- a Garmin FR70 watch
- SLS3 Compression race sleeves, white, S/M
- Craft Compression socks, white, M
- Zensah Compression socks, black M
- Injinji socks, Lightweight ultra thin performance, mini crew, gray, M
- TCKSports socks, Topo and Talus, grayishs, size M
Ok, the data…
- Berlin, September 2012, 3:27:44.
- National Marathon, March 2011: 3:37:53.
- Before that, most marathons I did were 3:42, 3:45, 3:45, 3:51 (my first one).
I haven’t done a marathon since September last year, so all I have is one race, a half marathon early October, where I did 1:43:33.
- Mc Millan says… based on the 1:44:33 half: 3:40:33
- RunnersWorld says… based on the 1:44:33 half: 3:37:59
My guess: I am sure I will NOT PR. Not only I am not in good shape, but I stopped running for most of July and August because of an ulcer. Then I fell and that killed my only long run this year (since last year’s Berlin marathon, I haven’t run over 14 miles once!!). I tried to do some more running, and now I have some weird muscle thing I haven’t figured out yet… I am not even sure I can run it but I will definitely try! If I make it to the start I’d like to get a course PR, which would be sub 3:42:33. That’d be my goal.
GO ON! Place your bets below!!! (I will probably not look until after!) but I will add more prizes (after I hear back from my sponsors!)
Prizes shipped only within the US, but you can pick it up when you’re in NYC if you are abroad! Or have me send it to someone in the US. / Comments with guesses will only count if they are posted here (not on facebook, not on runnersworld.com, HERE) before Saturday 8 pm. / If there are two guesses with the exact same time, the first one wins.