I have two races up ahead, very close, LOOMING:
I am in no shape to race or PR at any, but I could probably finish them. Well, the half at least. Boston, I am not sure. When I did NYC Marathon 3 months ago I was in awful shape (and still better than now!) and it was horribly painful. I have two options. Sludge through the half and do my best to prep for Boston. It’s quite lame actually. Or: do the half as a training run, and skip Boston.
This has been my mileage for the past weeks:
- Week of January 20: 8 miles total
- Week of January 13: 31 miles total
- Week of January 6: 23 miles total
- Week of December 30: 6 miles total
- Week of December 23: 7 miles total
- Week of December 16: 16 miles total
Not really any kind of half or full marathon preparation. I think I should not race Boston. I haven’t commited mentally (I haven’t even gotten hotel room, and we KNOW that’s another big issue!) and I am not in shape. But still, just like with NYCM last year, I can’t seem to be able to say no. What’s wrong with me?