Just like we did before every single race I’ve done in the last two years (link to last one, and the NYC Half guess) it’s time to place your bets again… There is always someone who hits it right in the head! (always unbelievable! look at this one: guesses here, winner here)
Pick a finish time and write in the comments below. Whoever gets closer, wins, If there’s two identical times, the first poster wins! All guesses have to be in this post. Make sure if you include seconds in there too, and post before next Sunday at 7 pm EST.
As usual, there’s gonna be PRIZES… you can pick from:
- a biomechanics session (in NYC)
- a clip-on running metronome
- a brooks flat vapur water bottle
- a NYC Marathon rain (knee-length, orange and white) poncho
- a Garmin FR70 watch
- SLS3 Compression race sleeves, white, S/M
- Craft Compression socks, white, M
- Zensah Compression socks, black M
- Injinji socks, Lightweight ultra thin performance, mini crew, gray, M
- TCKSports socks, Topo and Talus, grayishs, size M
Ok, the data…
NYC Half, 13.1, March 2014, in 1:50:10, average pace: 8:25
Scotland 10K, April 2014, in 47:41, average pace of 7:42
My PR is from Berlin 2012: 3:27:44, the last marathon I did was NYCM 2013 in 3:49:34. My last Boston was in 2010: 3:51: 21
- Mc Millan says… Based on the 1:50:10 half: 3:51 – 8:51 pace. Based on the Scotland 10k: 3:43 – 8:32 pace
- RunnersWorld says… based on the 1:50:10 half: 3:49 – 8:44 – . Based on the Scotland 10k: 3:39 – 8:22 pace
I am sure I won’t PR, get that out of your heads!! Goal A is to stay under 4 hours (never gone over 4 hours and don’t want to start now!) or, Goal B, break the course PR (3:51). I would love to shoot for 3:50 but I did 3:49 in NYCM and I was better trained there. I am just hoping I can stay within 4: anything between 3:50 and 3:59 is more realistic if the weather cooperates!
GO ON! Place your bets below!!! Good luck to us!!
Prizes shipped only within the US, but you can have me send it to someone in the US. / Comments with guesses will only count if they are posted here (not on facebook, not on runnersworld.com, HERE) before Sunday 7 pm EST. / If there are two guesses with the exact same time, the first one wins.
After this post:We are shipping up to Boston…!!! 2014 Boston Marathon Pictures – Saturday! 2014 Boston Marathon Pictures – Sunday The day before the Boston Marathon… 2014 Boston Marathon: in the books! 2014 Boston Marathon Race Report: The Best and the Worst of Times Boston Marathon Notes: what to do/not do next time