Just like we did before every single race I’ve done in the last two years (link to last one, the NYC Half guess) it’s time to place your bets again… There is always someone who hits it right in the head! (always unbelievable! look the one I did a few weeks ago! guesses here, winner here)
Pick a finish time and write in the comments below. Whoever gets closer, wins, If there’s two identical times, the first poster wins! All guesses have to be in this post. Make sure if you include seconds in there too, and post before next Saturday at 7 am EST.
As usual, there’s gonna be PRIZES… you can pick from:
- a biomechanics session (in NYC)
- a clip-on running metronome
- a brooks flat vapur water bottle
- a NYC Marathon rain (knee-length, orange and white) poncho
- a Garmin FR70 watch
- SLS3 Compression race sleeves, white, S/M
- Craft Compression socks, white, M
- Zensah Compression socks, black M
- Injinji socks, Lightweight ultra thin performance, mini crew, gray, M
- TCKSports socks, Topo and Talus, grayishs, size M
Ok, the data…
NYC Half, 13.1, March 2014, in 1:50:10, average pace: 8:25
10ks, not so recent
Mini 10K, June 2013, in 44:46, average pace of 7:13
Bronx Commnunity College, May 2013, in 44:32, average pace of 7:11
- Mc Millan says… based on the 1:50:10 half: 49:25 – 7:57 pace
- RunnersWorld says… based on the 1:50:10 half: 49:56 – 8:03
I am sure I won’t PR, get that out of your heads!! I would love to do sub 8 pace, so I’d be happy with that! So that would be close to what Mc Millan predicts, I think I’ll be between 49 and 50 minutes… if all goes well!
GO ON! Place your bets below!!! (I will probably not look until after!) but I will add more prizes (after I hear back from my sponsors!)
Prizes shipped only within the US, but you can have me send it to someone in the US. / Comments with guesses will only count if they are posted here (not on facebook, not on runnersworld.com, HERE) before Saturday 7 am. / If there are two guesses with the exact same time, the first one wins.
48:23 have fun!
49:03. Ooooh, nice prizes! I WANT! 🙂
Good luck at the race, have fun!
49:39 … have a good race!
49:13. 50:07 if you trip and fall.
48:48. Have fun!
You won!!! https://runningandthecity.com/2014/04/07/scotlandrun10k/
48:40! I’ll be marshaling on the east side!!
Pingback: Race Report: Scotland Run 10K (more like two 5Ks!) | runningandthecity
Pingback: Guess my Finish at the 2014 Boston Marathon and win a prize | runningandthecity
Pingback: Guess my Finish at the 2014 NYC Marathon and win a prize | runningandthecity