I will be updating constantly, recheck often or every morning! Plus, send me your tips!!
Monday, October 20th
- INSPIRE YOU: MIZUNO TAKES OVER SEXY PACE: October 20, 2014 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm. New York Running Company-Columbus Circle. Get marathon ready with Mizuno! Riley and Co. will be in for a demo run with the all-new Mizuno Inspires at Monday night’s legendary Sexy Pace run. Shoes will be available for demo from 6:00pm on. The run will be an easy 3-4 miles at a conversational pace. More information
Sunday, October 26th
- NYC Marathon Strategy Panel: 10:30am – Panel discussion at Jack Rabbit Sports on West 72nd Street. This session is a must-do for anyone running the big race on November 2, previewing the TCS NYC Marathon experience, and providing strategy tips from a some great panelists. You’ll leave with all your logistical questions answered and a well prepared plan that leaves you with just the simple task of executing the 26.2 of running. This event is presented by the Dashing Whippets Running Team and is open to Whippets members and non-members free of charge. RSVP at Eventbrite.com – ‘Marathon Strategy’
- LAST 10 MILES RUN – 8am at the Upper West Side store Scout the last 10 miles of the marathon course with JackRabbit’s group run. They’ll have pacers for runners ranging between 8 and 11 min/mi. JackRabbit will provide free gels, sports drink, and post-run bagel buffet.
Monday, October 27th
- Post-marathon Recovery Workshop – 7pm. – The NY Flyers and NYRC host Finish Line Physical Therapy owner Michael Conlon and nutritionist Nicci Schook with a Post-marathon Recovery Workshop. Get expert tips from Michael and Nicci on the best approach, physically and nutritionally to getting your body and mind back in gear after running a marathon. This is timed to get you thinking about this important part of the race as you finish your taper heading into race day…total preparedness is a health and wellness key! The Running Company, 2nd Floor Time Warner Building, Columbus Circle. Refreshments and snacks to be provided by the store.
- Want to Run like Meb Keflezighi? Come check out the special NYC Edition of Meb’s TCS New York City Marathon shoe, the Speed 3, and enter to win Skechers Performance gear and prizes. Join us Monday, October 27, for a fun run from JackRabbit Upper West Side at 6 PM, followed by food, beer from Sixpoint Brewery, and raffles. RSVP by emailing [email protected].
Wednesday, October 29th
- Hoka One one and Runner’s World NYC Shakeout Run – 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, New York Running Company-Columbus Circle. Join Hoka One One and Runner’s World for a marathon shakeout run with the legendary Bart Yasso! We will head out for 3.5 mile run in Central Park at 6:10. When we return runners will be treated to a Q and A with Bart and some terrific giveaways from NYRC and Hoka One One. WE will also be hosting a drawing where 3 lucky runners will even score a brand new pair of Hokas. Put this event on your calendar and get the marathon weekend started right. More information
- New York City Marathon Shake Out Run. Join us at City Sports for a 5k Warm Up Run and Carb Dinner at 6 pm with Asics before Marathon Weekend! There’ll be a 5k Warm Up Run lead by CS run club pacer, and after run pasta and pizza carbo-load dinner for all. Custom race tee screen printing in store and Asics tee giveaway or purchase of any CS by City Sports tees or Asics NY Marathon tee. More information and RSVP
Thursday, October 30th
- Timex One Relay Celebration– 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Join New York Running Company as they welcome the athletes of the Timex One Relay on Thursday, October 30. The relay takes runners on an epic adventure from the start of the Chicago marathon to the finish line of the TCS New York City marathon, 800 miles later. They’ll host a 3 mile group run at 6:00pm, for the last leg of the relay. Plus, our friends from Back On My Feet NYC will be on-hand for the festivities. Post-run we have refreshments and some special surprises on tap. More Information
Friday, October 31st
- Meet The Runners: Top American Finisher of the 2013 NYC Marathon Ryan Vail and American Marathoner Desi Davila at Paragon Sports at 1 pm. More information.
- New Balance/City Sports Halloween Zante Party – 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Join us on Halloween for a New Balance Zante NYC Marathon Event at City Sports. Halloween Costume Contest! 1st Prize: FREE NYC Fresh Foam Zantes. 2nd Prize: City Sports Gift Card. 3rd Prize: Halloween Prize Pack. Limited release of the New Balance NYC Fresh Foam Zante. Smoothies and Food supplied by Cosi and the Rolling Bean. RSVP here.
Saturday, November 1st
- Meet The Runners: American Long Distance Marathoner Ryan Hall and the 2007 Iron Man World Champion Andy Potts at Paragon Sports at 2 pm. More information
- Pre-Marathon Party: 10am-6pm. Come get pumped for the marathon at Jack Rabbit’s Union Square‘s pre-party presented by Saucony & Zico! They’ll have a live DJ all day, a photo booth, graffiti artist, and giveaways every 26.2 minutes.
Sunday, November 2nd
- Bag Drop/Post-Race Meet-Up: JackRabbit is hosting a FREE bag drop and post-race reunion area at the Upper West Side location, just a short walk from the finish line. Runners can drop their bags at either the Upper West or Brooklyn stores from Thursday 10/30 through Saturday 11/1. After the race, stop by to get your bag, meet up with friends and family, and celebrate your accomplishment. They’ll have refreshments and bathrooms available. Register for bag drop @ jackrabbitsports.com – no RSVP necessary to join the party.
Monday, November 3rd
- Marathon Monday! 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m at the Marathon Pavilion at Central Park and West 67th Street. Limited-edition finisher gear. Finisher medal engraving by Fond Memories. Post-race recovery. Purchase your own issue of the New York Times featuring award-winning coverage of the TCS New York City Marathon and a special finisher results section. Finisher Photo by Oakley: Snap the perfect memory with your family, friends, and fellow racers. The free photo booth will print your photo to take home, as well as let you share instantly to your social media accounts. Official Photo, Video, and DVD Products. More information
- Post-Marathon Meet & Greet With Meb Keflezighi! How better to celebrate the day after the New York City Marathon than with one of America’s greatest distance runners: Meb Keflezighi! Fresh off running the marathon, Meb will be at JackRabbit Upper West Side on Monday, 1–3 PM taking photos with fans (that’s you!), and signing posters and copies of his book, Run to Overcome. RSVP here so we know you’ll be stopping by.
- Marathon Monday Finisher Celebration Presented by Asics – 9:00 am – 4:15 pm – New York Running Company-Columbus Circle. While Marathon Sunday is arguably the best day in NYC all year, we’d like to make a case for Marathon Monday: a day to celebrate your 26.2 mile journey. Join us on Monday, November 3, for an epic party that includes FREE finisher medal engraving from Crown Trophy, massage therapy from the good folks at Body and Soul Restorations, and limited edition marathon giveaways from Asics. More information
Tuesday, November 4th
- UCAN BE MEBNIFICENT- Meet & Greet: 6:00 PM – Q&A with Meb: 7-7:45 PM – Autograph Signing: 7:45-8:30 PM. Join UCAN and New York City and Boston Marathon Champion Meb Keflezighi at New York Running Company (10 Columbus Circle) and hear his inspiring running story. Learn nutrition and training tips from Meb during an intimate Q & A session. *All attendees will receive an autographed photo of Meb and a free UCAN sample pack. RSVP here
Make sure you also check the Run The City deals, info here. For example:
- Urban Athletics – Offer: 30% off all full priced merchandise
- IceBreaker- Offer: 20% off regular-priced merchandise and a FREE pair of running socks with a purchase of more than $100
- Paragon Sports – Offer: 20% off one full-priced item in store from 10/26 to 11/03, excluding GPS watches and Go-Pro cameras
- Super Runners Shop – 25% off Surefoot Custom Insoles, 15% off all apparel, running shoes, and accessories
- many many more (including also restaurant offers too!)
more updated daily so bookmark this post and keep checking here every day!
I’ve compiled this listing off official emails I’ve received or brand/athletes/stores’s facebooks or twitter. Please review the event before making any plans: don’t blame me if any of these get cancelled, or switched, or anything. Have fun!