Don’t you think today is a great to
force inspire someone to start running? As usual on this national holiday, I will be doing double duty: two runs! It’s a like a birthday in a way for me (WHERE are my presents?!?!?!?).
I went to claim my 2013 badge, and pffff, I never know what to write, there are SO many things I run for/because… that I settled on this:
#1 Make a badge and share it.
#2 Then, run. Grab someone you like. And/Or look for an event in your city. If there is none, or you can’t make it, create one, invite a few friends, and celebrate.
#3 And make a list of what your running has done for you in the last year (share that too if you want!).
These are things I am celebrating this year:
– Been injury free for almost two years now.
– Running keeps making me happy, healthy, and bringing and lot of great things!
– I have gotten some PRs in the last year I never thought I could get to.
– I have met amazing people in the last year through running. One of them who makes me very happy every second, and we live together for Pre’s sake! In a studio!!!
– I have learned a lot about myself, how much I can grow and push through when I set my eyes on a goal, and work hard to achieve it.
– Seeing many friends so much happier now that they have started running.
That’s what I am celebrating today. You? Happy National Running Day!
—-Comment happily: you won’t be asked to create an account!
I honored National Running Day with 8.5 miles at 5AM.
Your reasons to celebrate are plentiful and positive.
Thanks Gerry!! and that sounds like a great running day celebration!!!!
I’m running 4 miles tonight as kind of an easy run. (I did 400’s on Mon. and feel like I need an easy run) Happy National Running Day to you.
I was traveling for business and got to run on the Boise River Greenbelt! It was beautiful! One great thing about running is that you can enjoy it just about anywhere.
True!!! Nice way to see a new course!
Pingback: 2013. A LOT of stuff. Amazing Year! | runningandthecity