- you have a drawer full of medals and other race souvenirs that you’re not sure what to do with
- you no longer make fun of fanny packs because your running belt looks (although cooler) to one, although cooler
- you have a line in your budget for “race entry fees/race travel”
- you’ve used an old race cotton T-shirt to wash your car, dust furniture, or clean something
- you get an invitation to a wedding and you automatically think about what race the date will conflict with
- Your laundry is always out of control
- You miss not losing toenails anymore after a few years
- You’re hungry constantly.
- You look at the weather forecast to decide if you should wake up earlier to run if there’s bad weather later
- You know where every toilet in the city is, whether it’s in the park or a Starbucks
- You love spandex
- You have at least once had a nightmare of showing up to a race with no shorts on
- You know what an illiotibial band is
- Your window-shopping-fun is done at the sports stores
- You’re still hungry = You’re rungry
You know you are a runner when… part 2
If I may ad one……you have to add on to your closet because you have run out of room for your running shoes.
Agree with so many of these!
I have a line in our budget simply labeled: Running.
and have you budgeted how much you spend in categories? Shoes/Registration/etc…?
Nope. Ignorance is bliss.
Yep, definitely! I joke that I know every public bathroom and portapotty/construction site within a 5 mile radius. And my laundry is astronomical…especially in winter when I’m wearing 5 layers…..
I would NEVER make fun of a Danny pack!
Or a fanny pack 🙂
You know you’re a runner when you’d rather do mile repeats than pull weeds.
Pingback: You know you’re training for a triathlon when… | Powdered Feet /pye poudre/
Pingback: You know you are a runner when… part 2 | runningandthecity
Pingback: You know you are a runner when… | runningandthecity
Pingback: 2013. A LOT of stuff. Amazing Year! | runningandthecity